1. Short description
Essential oil produced by steam distillation from the flowering tops. It is a colorless lavender aromatherapy’s or pale yellow liquid, with a fresh camphoraceous top note, and a woody herbaceous undertone.
2. Long description
Lavandin is a hybrid plant developed by crossing true lavender with spike lavender or aspic. Its flowers may be blue like true lavender or greyish like aspic. Essential oil extracted through steam distillation from the fresh and flowering tops.
Lavandin essential oil blends well with essential oils such as: chamomile, clovebud, jasmine, lemon, lime, orange, oregano, clove, bay leaf, cinnamon, citronella, cypress, pine, clary sage, geranium, thyme, patchouli, rosemary and citrus oils, epically bergamot and lime.
Antidepressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, powerful antispasmodic (muscle contracture), anti-infectious (staph-pigmented), analgesic, antiseptic, cicatrizing, expectorant, nervine, tonic (cardiac), vulnerary, relaxing and calming.
Lavandin is a hybrid of “Spike Lavender” (Lavandula latifolia) and “True Lavender” (Lavandula angustifolia). It is also known as French Lavender since France is where most of the material is cultivated.
Linalol, linalyl acetate, lavandulol, lavandulyl acetate, terpineol, limonene, carophyllene
Mild neurotoxin-use with caution. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. DO NOT use for burns.
- Cardio-Vascular: Sluggish circulation, palpitations, phlebitis, cardio tonic
- Digestive: Spasms of solar plexus
- Genito-Urinary: Infections of genital/Urinary nature
- Immune: Colds, flu, cough
- Integumentary: Dermatitis, scabies, infectious skin diseases, allergies, wounds, ulcers, warts, bruises, itching
- Muscular-Skeletal: Rheumatic pains, stiff joints, muscular contracture, cramping
- Nervous: Nervousness, anxiety
- Respiratory: Non-tubercular opportunistic mycobacterium, coughs, colds, sinus infections, respiratory stuffiness
Lavandin is produced more for its odor quality. Traditional uses list it as good for respiratory, circulatory or muscular conditions.
Physical Benefits and Effects
Lavandin is analgesic and antibacterial. It helps dermatitis, wounds, scars, sinusitis, scabies, and headaches. Lavandin increases the blood flow and stops bleeding. It is also used for muscle pains, arthritis, and rheumatism. Lavandin can be used as a disinfectant.
Lavandin is relaxing and uplifting. It dispels nervous tension and stress. Lavandin is used for finding patience with oneself.